Een boek over ISO of Isetta personenwagens? Ontdek hier onze boeken over de geschiedenis, modellen en techniek van ISO.
door Flavio Campetti
Omschrijving - This is the tale of the Bresso manufacturer, which was founded in the Milan suburb in the early Fifties. Iso became known for its incredible variety of products over about 30 years, and its story is as fascinating as it is little known today.
In fact, the company's production was one of the most multi-faceted, ranging from electrical household goods branded Isothermos, to its unmistakable scooters and light motorcycles, especially the Isomoto; the three-wheeled Isocarro van; the revolutionary Isetta micro-car; the fabulous Iso Rivolta GT, Grifo, Fidia and Iso Lele grand tourers.
This book analyses the technical aspects of all of these products, and covers the complex story of Iso itself, all reconstructed with the testimony of the key players of the period and the company's own photography. Ample space has been given to the marque's sporting activities, competing as it did in some of the great races of the past, among them the Mille Miglia, 24 Hours of Le Mans and even Formula One.
The story is brought right up to the present day when, after a period of silence, work started up again to produce prototypes of the Nineties Grifo, the Isocity and Isigò city cars, direct descendents of the Isetta.
Text in Italian.
|Uitvoering:||160 blz, 27 x 24 cm, harde kaft|
|Illustraties:||165 z/w- en 113 kleurenfoto's|
|Uitgever:||Giorgio Nada Editore (IT, 2003)|
Da Iso a Isorivolta - Il fascino di un marchio
Taal: ItaliaansBekijken bij Amazon.nl
Brooklands Limited Edition Ultra boek over ISO en Bizzarrini sportwagens. Beschrijft o.a. de Rivolta GT, Grifo A3L Berlinetta, Grifo A3C en 2+2.
|Uitvoering:||208 blz, 27 x 20 x 1.4 cm, paperback|
|Illustraties:||350 z/w foto's|
|Uitgever:||Brooklands Books (GB, 2008)|
door Richard Heseltine
Omschrijving - This book tells the fascinating story of the last and most successful of the Iso AC/3 Grifo race cars from the fabulous period of sports car racing in the mid-1960s. The A3/C was the creation of Giotto Bizzarrini, the engineer who developed the famed Ferrari 250 GTO.
In its short but varied racing career, which included outings with two Grand Prix drivers, '222' showed itself to be one of the world's fastest racing sports and GT cars, its top speed on the Mulsanne straight at Le Mans, nearly 190mph, bettered only by the 7-litre Ford GT Mk II.
This book celebrates the life of '222' and the against-the-odds efforts of Bizzarrini, a genius with the ambition to produce the best GT race car of its era.
- The story of the car that won its class and finished in ninth place overall against formidable opposition in the Le Mans 24 Hours of 1965.
- The car's conception, design and development - masterminded by Giotto Bizzarrini - covered in detail, complete with rare period images.
- The background and achievements of Bizzarrini the man outlined and assessed, including his role at Ferrari.
- Five international events in 1965 - as an Iso run by Giotto Bizzarrini - recorded in full, with superb photos.
- Biographical details of all drivers who competed with the car, including Chris Amon (in Austria at the 200 Miles of Zeltweg) and Maurice Trintignant (in France at the Mont Dore hill climb).
- Contains many first-hand accounts, including from surviving drivers and other participants in the story.
- Later life: rebadged as a Bizzarrini, sold as a road car to a colourful American living in Rome, passed through further owners, ending up today in enthusiast Bruce Meyer's California-based car collection, returned in every detail to its original race specification.
- The book includes a portfolio of magnificent studio images by noted American photographer Peter Harholdt.
|Uitvoering:||128 blz, 24 x 28 cm, harde kaft|
|Illustraties:||136 z/w- en kleurenfoto's|
|Uitgever:||Porter Press International (GB, 2016)|
Brooklands Portfolio boek over de Isetta (BMW-ISO-Velam) modellen uit de jaren 1953-1964. Beschrijft de ISO Isetta, Surburbanite, Motocoupé, Kleinwagen, 300, Velam, Convertible en 600.
|Uitvoering:||172 blz, 27 x 20 x 1.1 cm, paperback|
|Uitgever:||Brooklands Books (GB, 1997)|
Carrozzieri Italian / Italian Coachbuilders : I Maestri Dello Stile / The Masters of Style
La carrosserie italienne, du style au design
Berlinetta `60s : Exceptional Italian Coupes of the 1960s
Bertone - Masterpieces of Style
The Bertone Collection
Bertone - Italienische Auto-Ikonen
Giugiaro - Masterpieces of Style
Sinds 2000 importeert de TMB Bookshop technische boeken van Haynes, Chilton, Clymer, Brooklands, ETAI, Bucheli, Motorbooks, Motorbuch Verlag en andere bekende uitgevers.
Wilt U op de hoogte blijven van de verschijning van nieuwe boeken? Meldt U dan aan voor de gratis TMB Nieuwsbrief.
Laatste update: 13-10-2021