Een boek over de Brewster vliegtuigen? Ontdek hier onze boeken over de historie, uitvoeringen en techniek van Brewster vliegtuigen, waaronder de Buffalo.
Samenvatting - Although designed and built for the US Navy, the F2A fought in only one major US engagement, the battle of Midway, in which F2A pilots managed to shoot down a number of Japanese fighters. Soon replaced by the navy, the F2A was exported to Britain, where it was nicknamed the 'Buffalo' thanks to its stubby appearance. The British sent most of these fighters to the Far East where they were used in the defence of Singapore and Malaya.
It was in the Winter War, however, that the F2A truly found a home. Calling the plane simply the Brewster, the Finnish flew it against the invading Russians. Overall 37 Finns achieved ace status flying the Brewster, and it was the Finnish fighter of choice until succeeded by the Bf 109 in 1943.
- The Peanut Special: Brief technical description of the development of the F-2A and its selection
fielding by US Navy. Initial carrier-borne service with US Navy and use pre war by a number of future leading US aces. Selection by some European nations & subsequent adoption by Britain. Sale of Brewster 239s to Finland and delivery.
- An Unloved Fighter: Service with the first Eagle squadron in England. Deployment and operational use with the Royal Navy in Egypt and Crete. Fielding by the RAF for the air defence in the Far East and Burma.
- Finnish Triumph: Service with the Finnish Air Force against the Soviets.
- The Rising Sun: RAF service in Malaya against the Japanese. Neth EIAF service use against Japanese. RAF service in Burma against the Japanese & use in India after retreat. Wartime USMC service - only action during Battle of Midway (last action by Buffalo
F2A against Japanese).
- Epilogue: Brewster 239's final victory and valediction to include use in US as fighter trainer flown by many future aces, or by aces as instructors.
|Uitgever:||Osprey Publishing (GB, 2010)|
|Serie:||Aircraft of the Aces 91|
|Uitvoering:||96 blz, 24.7 x 18.5 x 0.8 cm, paperback|
|Illustraties:||Rijk geïllustreerd met foto's en tekeningen (z/w en kleur)|
|Staat:||nieuw boek (papier)|
Brewster F2A Buffalo Aces of World War 2 (Osprey)
Jet City Rewind : Aviation History of Seattle and the Pacific Northwest
Alaska and the Airplane : A Century of Flight
Sinds 2000 importeert de TMB Bookshop technische boeken van Haynes, Chilton, Clymer, Brooklands, ETAI, Bucheli, Motorbooks, Motorbuch Verlag en andere bekende uitgevers.
Wilt U op de hoogte blijven van de verschijning van nieuwe boeken? Meldt U dan aan voor de gratis TMB Nieuwsbrief.
Laatste update: 17-01-2019